General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. Information to be provided pursuant to Art. 12, 13 et seq. of the GDPR
Your contact and the controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“GDPR”), national data protection laws of the member states, and other data protection regulations is:
- Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research. P.O. Box 3005 · 2301 DA Leiden, The Netherlands
The protection of your personal data is of great importance to GI-NI. If you have any questions concerning data protection and data security, please contact TNO data protection officer:
- Mr. Remy van den Boom
- The Hague – New Babylon NL-2595 DA The Hague P.O. Box 96800 NL-2509 JE The Hague (Netherlands).
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. General Information on Data Processing
As a matter of principle, we will only process your personal data to the extent that is necessary to provide our services. Any processing of your personal data is, as a rule, subject to your prior consent, except in cases where prior consent cannot be obtained for factual reasons or the processing of your personal data is permitted by law
- In cases where we seek your consent to process personal data, the legal basis for doing so is set out in Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
- In cases where we process personal data in the execution of a contract between you and us, the legal basis for doing so is set out in Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR. This also applies to processing operations necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
- In cases where personal data must be processed to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to, the legal basis for doing so is set out in Art. 6(1)(c) of the GDPR.
- In cases where your vital interests, or those of another natural person, require the processing of personal data, the legal basis for doing so is set out in Art. 6(1)(d) of the GDPR.
- In cases where the processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party and those interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms, the legal basis for doing so is set out in Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
3. Deletion and Storage Period
Your personal data will be deleted or blocked if they are no longer required for the purposes for which they were stored or otherwise processed. In addition, data may be stored to meet the legal obligations stipulated by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other standards that we are subject to. Data will also be blocked or deleted if the storage period stipulated in the above-mentioned regulations, laws or standards expires unless longer storage is necessary for the purpose of entering into or performing a contract.
4. Legal Basis for Data Processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data in the context of website provision and the creation of log files is set out in Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR
5. Storage Period
Your personal data will be deleted once they are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed. In cases where your personal data are collected for the purpose of providing the website, they will be deleted each time a session ends.
If personal data are stored in log files, they will be deleted after fourteen days at the latest. In some cases data may be stored for a longer period of time, in which case your personal data will be deleted or masked, thus making identification of the requesting client impossible.
6. Objection, Removal
Recording your personal data for the purpose of providing the website and storing your personal data in log files are essential for the operation of the website. You therefore have no right to raise any objection to these activities.
- so you only have to set specific preferences during and between visits to the website once
- to make the website faster;
- so you can share certain pages via social media, such as Facebook and Twitter;
- to enable it to analyse website usage;
- to enable it to optimise the site and improve its contents.
9. Secure connection
Whenever you visit the website, a secure connection is established between your device and the website.
10. Intellectual property
The research reports and data that can be found on the GI-NI website, are all based on anonymized data. The reports, data and other research results are the intellectual property of the GI-NI partner organization that has generated them.