GI-NI INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: THE IMPACT OF THE GLOBAL TRANSFORMATIONS ON INEQUALITY
The first conference on the economic impact of technological transformation, globalisation and migration will take place on May 25th, 2023 at Agder, Norway.
Over the past decades, inequality within populations has widened in the majority of countries, regarding many dimensions of life. This has been of central concern for both policymakers and researchers alike. To formulate remedies, we must have an integral understanding of the drivers of such widening inequality and their interactions. In addition, we must understand the strengths and weaknesses of our current institutions to deal with these issues. The purpose of this conference is to bring together researchers from different disciplines to share and discuss their recent findings related to widening income inequality, livings standards and prosperity more broadly.
Researchers from all fields of economics, political science and sociology are invited to present new research results and discuss possible directions for future research activities. We welcome the submission of papers with an empirical, theoretical, and/or policy orientation focusing on micro- or macroeconomic aspects of inequalities linked to globalisation, migration and technological change. The analysis should focus on Europe or be related to it.
SUBMISSION AND REGISTRATION
Please submit (in pdf format) an extended abstract of your paper (approx. 800 words) or the complete paper along with a cover letter including: i) paper title, ii) name(s) of the author(s), and iii) affiliation as well as the email address of the presenting author, to Prof. Dr. Steven Dhondt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Abstracts must include context, purpose, methodology, major findings, implications and key words. The criteria for selection of papers will be: relevance to the conference theme, quality of methodology, originality, embedding in the literature and soundness of conclusion/s.
This conference benefits from the financial support of t European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 101004494, and participation is free of charges.
Registration is now open. Please check our website: https://gini-research.org/event/international-conference
Scientific Committee of the Conference
- Hans-Christian Garmann Johnsen | University of Agder (Norway)
- Steven Dhondt | TNO/UK Leuven (Netherlands)
- Cinzia Alcidi | CEPS (Brussels)
- Egoitz Pomares | Sinnergiak – University of the Basque Country (Spain)
- Ulrich Zierahn | University of Utrecht (Netherlands)
- Emilie Rademakers | University of Utrecht (Netherlands)
- Bart Los | University of Groningen (Netherlands)
- Marcel Smolka | University of Flensburg (Germany)
- Balász Reizer |Centre for Economic and Regional Studies/Corvinus University Budapest (Hungary)
- Majda Seghir | CNAM-CEET (France)
- Leire Aldaz | University of the Basque Country (Spain)
Organizing Committee of the Conference
- Miriam Høgseth Joakimsen | University of Agder (Norway)
- Suhendan Adiguzel | TNO (Netherlands)
- Basak Van Hove | CEPS (Brussels)
- Veselina Georgieva | CEPS (Brussels)
Download the PDF brochure